Daniel Holgado (Red Bull KTM Ajo) tops Day 1 of 2023 at the Grande Prémio TISSOT de Portugal after an impressive Practice 2 performance. It was also a good start to 2023 for Diogo Moreira (MT Helmets – MSI) and David Muñoz (BOE Motorsports) who finished Day 1 in 2nd and 3rd respectively.
With prime conditions in the closing stages of Practice 2, the timing screens were lighting up with fast laps all around as the order continued to reshuffle. Most of the expected protagonists have provisionally placed themselves into the Top 14 to put themselves directly into Q2 for tomorrow’s qualifying action. One man who will be looking for a solid run tomorrow in FP3 to be pushing himself into a Q2 spot is the Moto3™ veteran Romano Fenati (Rivacold Snipers Team).
The highly praised rookies of Jose Antonio Rueda (Red Bull KTM Ajo) and David Alonso (GASGAS Aspar Team) showed promise in Practice 1 but just missed out on provisional Q2 spots in P2. After a solid P3 in Practice 1, Alonso suffered two crashes in the 2nd session of the day.
With the first day of action completed for the Moto3™ runners and riders, their attentions turn to Qualifying day on Saturday with Practice 3 at 8:40 local time (GMT) and Qualifying at 12:50 (GMT). Make sure not to miss any of the action on motogp.com!
1. Daniel Holgado (Red Bull KTM Tech3) – 1:47.320
2. Diogo Moreira (MT Helmets – MSI) + 0.150
3. David Muñoz (BOE Motorsports) + 0.190
4. Ayumu Sasaki (Liqui Moly Husqvarna Intact GP) + 0.345
5. Ivan Ortola (Angeluss MTA Team) + 0.385
6. Kaito Toba (SIC58 Squadra Corse) + 0.428
7. Joel Kelso (CFMoto Pruestel GP) + 0.552
8. Riccard Rossi (SIC58 Squadra Corse) + 0.626
9. Scott Ogden (VisionTrack Racing Team) + 0.792
10. Stefano Nepa (Angeluss MTA Team) + 0.796