A fun UFC bantamweight matchup is in the works for Las Vegas later this month.
At the June 25 UFC Fight Night event, Mario Bautista will take on Brian Kelleher at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas. MMA Junkie confirmed the pairing with a source following an announcement from Iridium Sports.
Bautista (9-2 MMA, 3-2 UFC) seeks to make it two wins in a row for the second time in his UFC career. In his first outing of 2022, he won a unanimous decision against Jay Perrin in February. Bautista holds a stoppage win over MIles Johns and a decision win over Jin Soo Son as a part of his UFC tenure.
Kelleher (24-13 MMA, 8-6 UFC) will enter his third fight of 2022, looking to rebound from a first-round loss to Umar Nurmagomedov at UFC 272. Prior to the setback, Kelleher won two straight, picking up consecutive unanimous decision wins over Kevin Croom and Domingo Pilarte. “Boom” has five stoppage wins throughout his UFC run.
With the addition, the June 25 lineup includes:
- Arman Tsarukyan vs. Mateusz Gamrot
- Neil Magny vs. Shavkat Rakhmonov
- Chris Curtis vs. Rodolfo Vieira
- Amir Albazi vs. Tim Elliott
- Christos Giagos vs. Thiago Moises
- Alan Baudot vs. Josh Parisian
- Tyson Nam vs. Tagir Ulanbekov
- Sergey Morozov vs. Raulian Paiva
- Nate Maness vs. Umar Nurmagomedov
- Tafon Nchukwi vs. Carlos Ulberg
- JP Buys vs. Cody Durden
- Vanessa Demopoulos vs. Jinh Yu Frey
- Mario Bautista vs. Brian Kelleher